For Families with Children
Going on a vacation with children often requires more planning, processing more information and more creativity with luggage. Having interesting places to visit and addicting activities to enjoy become equally as important as having a cosy place to stay for the night and healthy food available.
When visiting Põlva County with your family, we recommend you:
- Travel the historic Postal road, because on this road you will find the Põlva's Peasant museum with a windmill and a large swing, and our county's family friendly Estonian Road museum, where the fun Traffic Town draws in kids like a magnet.
- Have a walk through the Taevaskojad, which have been called the pearls of nature of Põlva county. In Taevaskoja you can also enjoy a dip in the water and a river boat cruise on an artificial lake at Saesaare.
- Hike on the walking path in Valgesoo – the trail is a 2,5 km long, well maintained boardwalk, which is safe even for the smallest members of the family. In the swamp you will also find a small surprise.
- Have a train ride from Põlva to the caves in Piusa - experiencing the train ride and playing in the biggest sandbox in the Baltics, plus making a sand card or a sand bottle as a memento will surely all add up to a wonderful day. A hungry tummy can be filled in a cafe in the Piusa Caves Visitor Centre.
- Visit the fairy-tale creatures Pokus and get an idea of what the Pokumaa really stands for.
- Spend a day at the Cantervilla Theme Park, which has to offer a lot of activities on a sunny day. You can swim in a lake, go down a water slide, or have a ride on the lake on a paddle boat. Here you will find enough activities to take up a whole day
- Capture your family with a photo session at the Mooste Photo Tourism Centre – a building with a wonderful interior, beautiful exterior and your great family – what could be better.
- Look at the hiking calendar by the OÜ Matkajuht and choose a hike to join up with.